Sunday, October 31, 2010

KDSU - Devil's In The Details

I've tweaked up the KDSU logo design and added some text. This should be pretty close to the finalized version.

In accordance to a friend's opinion that it looks like the Trojan helmet was wearing earmuffs in my previous iteration of the KDSU logo, I did some tweaking to give the headphones a more prominent headband and to add some perspective detail to the phones themselves. I tweaked the colors around a bit, although, as always, colors are the easiest bit to quickly change when it comes to logo design. I went for a blue brush and more yellow-bronze color to the helmet itself in order to better conform to the appearance of DSU's official logo. I did a grunge design in order to appeal to a sense of personalization and underground rebellion that one often associates with the sort of music that college students listen to.

While I like the changes and feel fairly confident with the design, I'm a bit disappointed at how the design itself just doesn't feel as tight as some of the previous logo designs I've done of late. I feel as though there's some small detail that I'm overlooking that would turn this from a "pretty good" design to an "awesome" design. This is one instance where creative collaboration would come in very handy, and I must give a thanks to all the people whom I bug for their opinion on what dose and doesn't work, because while I can be the harshest self-critic, sometimes it just takes a second pair of eyes to notice a problem that the designer would have taken for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Nic . . . This is my favorite logo of all your work on this site. Very hip.
    --Dr. B.

    ReplyDelete